Give the gift of edible blooms with these tasty tulips. They’re the perfect treat after a relaxing lie-in.
- 12 baby plum tomatoes
- 180 g cream cheese
- small bunch chives
- grind of black pepper
- pinch of salt
- 12 spring onions
- 12 BBQ skewers
- a little wire
- Mix the cream cheese, finely chopped chives and seasoning and put in a small piping bag.
- Trim leaves of spring onions to look pretty and remove root. Carefully push skewers up through base of spring onion so that they are hidden all the way to the top and then come out by just less than an inch. If you want the stems to bend on any of the tulips, you will need to attach a length of wire to the skewer which is curved.
- Carefully cut a cross into a tomato and remove any excess pulp.
- Pipe the cream cheese mixture into the centre of each tomato.
- Gently push the tomato onto the exposed skewer.
- Repeat with remaining tomatoes.
- Arrange your beautiful array of tasty tulips!