Turkey & spinach contain a high level of tryptophan which helps your baby to sleep. A quite night is on the way!
Please log in to view this recipe
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 1 sweet potato, peeled & cut into 1cm cubes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small shallot, or small piece of onion, finely chopped
- 115 g minced turkey
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach leaves, washed but not dried
- Put the sweet potato in a steamer and steam for about 6 minutes, until tender. Remove from steamer and reserve steaming water.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok, add the chopped shallot and turkey and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes, until the turkey is browned and crumbly.
- Add the spinach and sauté for a further 2-3 minutes, until wilted.
- Add the cooked potato and 4 tbsp of the steaming water. Cover and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Put the contents of the pan in a blender and blend until smooth or your desired consistency. Thin with a little of the steaming water, if necessary.
- Cool quickly then chill.
- Freeze in individual portions and defrost overnight in the fridge. Heat in a saucepan or microwave until piping hot then allow to cool slightly. Check temperature before serving.