Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Bacon
If you want something that you can roast in the oven, try these tasty spuds. They add a whizz & a bang to ordinary potatoes & kids love them.
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
- 6 rashers pancetta or rindless streaky bacon
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp crème fraîche or sour cream
- 3 spring oinions, finely chopped
- 250 g cheddar cheese, grated
- Grill the pancetta or bacon until crisp. Drain on kitchen paper and crumble into small pieces. Refridgerate until needed.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F. Rub the skin of each potato with a little oil and put them on a baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour, turning over halfway through.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and leave for 15-20 minutes, or until cool enough to handle. Cut each potato in half, lengthways and use a dessert spoon to carefully spoon out the soft flesh into a bowl. Put the skins back on the baking sheet. Preheat the grill to high.
- Mash the potato flesh with a fork or masher and stir in the crème fraîche, spring onions and half of the cheese. Spoon this filling back into the potato skins. Divide the crumbled bacon between the tops of the potatoes and sprinkle on the remaining cheese. Grill the potatoes for two to three minutes, until the cheese is bubbling.