Spiced Courgette, Pumpkin Seed & Chia Seed Muffin
Packed with omega 3, calcium & antioxidants, these muffins pack a powerful nutritional punch.
- 50 g courgette, grated (squeeze out a little of the moisture)
- 50 g carrot, grated
- 2 small apples, peeled & grated (squeeze out a little of the moisture)
- 150 g light muscovado sugar
- 75 g melted butter
- 150 g flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 75 g raisins
- 25 g pumpkin seeds
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 Fan. Line a 12 hole muffin tray with muffin cases.
- Measure all of the ingredients except the pumpkin seeds and raisins into a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk together using an electric hand whisk until combined, then stir in the raisins.
- Spoon into the cases; sprinkle the pumpkin seeds on top.
- Bake for 18 – 20 minutes until well risen, lightly golden and just firm in the middle.