For a quick mid-week meal, give this recipe a go. It takes just 15 minutes to make.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 banana shallots, finely diced
- 350 g ripe cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- A knob of butter
- 1 bunch fresh basil chopped
- 20 g parmesan, finely grated
- 225 g spaghettini
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Add the shallots and fry for a few minutes until soft. Add the garlic and fry for 30 seconds.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add the tomatoes, vinegar and butter.
- Cook the spaghettini in boiling salted water until al dente.
- Drain quickly and add to the pan so there is still some pasta water clinging to the spaghettini.
- Add the parmesan and basil.
- Toss together in the pan. Season and serve at once.