Salmon & Corn Chowder
This chowder is moreish, creamy & utterly satisfying for your baby.
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
- 1 tbsp light olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled & chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled & diced
- 1/2 stick of celery, strings removed & chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1 medium potato, peeled & chopped approx 150g unpeeled & 125g peeled weight
- 100 ml vegetable or fish stock or water
- 100 ml milk
- 115 g boneless fillet of salmon, cut into chunks
- 10 g tinned sweetcorn
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and stir in the onion, potato, carrot and celery. Reduce the heat as low as possible, cover and cook gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the stock or water and cook for 8 minutes until tender.
- Add the milk, salmon and sweetcorn and bring back to the boil, reduce the heat again and cook gently for a further 2 minutes.
- Puree in a blender until smooth or place in a bowl and use a hand blender. For older babies mash with a fork.