Rudolph Baked Potato
Ho-ho-ho! As the countdown to Christmas is underway, it’s time to start morphing your jacket potatoes into Rudolph. Kids will love them.
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
- 4 medium baking potatoes (approx 225g each)
- a little vegetable oil
- 1/2 medium butternut squash (approx 300g)
- 55 g butter
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 40 g fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp milk
- 40 g grated Cheddar cheese
- cherry tomatoes
- twirly crisps
- peas for eyes
- Preheat the oven to 190C/ Fan 170 / Gas 5. Prick the potatoes in several places, place on a baking tray and brush all over with the oil. Bake for 1 – 1 ¼ hours, or until they feel soft when pressed.
- Cut the butternut squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Place in a baking dish, skin side down. Melt 20g of the butter and brush it over the squash, then bake in the oven for about 40 minutes or until tender.
- When cool enough to handle, cut the tops off the baked potatoes and scoop out the flesh. Scoop the flesh of the cooked butternut squash off the skin and mash together with the baked potato flesh, mustard, parmesan, milk and remaining butter. Season with a little salt and pepper. Put the mixture back into the potato shells and top with the grated cheddar.
- Preheat the grill on the hottest setting. Place the potatoes on a baking tray or suitable dish and grill for a few minutes until the cheese is bubbling and golden.
- Add twirly crisps for antlers, peas for eyes and cherry tomatoes for the nose.