As the temperature cools, add a fruity crumble to your dinner menu. It’s warming, satisfying & full of flavour.
- 175 g plain flour
- 1 generous pinch of salt
- 100 g butter
- 75 g demerara sugar
- 50 g ground almonds
- 25 g butter
- 350 g apples: peeled, cored & chopped
- 350 g pears: peeled, cored & chopped
- finely grated zest of 1/2 lemon
- 50 g caster sugar
- 200 g blackberries
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/400°F/ Gas 6.
- To make the crumble, place the flour and butter into a bowl. Rub together using your fingers until it looks like breadcrumbs. Add the oats, pecans and the demerara sugar.
- Put the blackberries and raspberries into a small 2 1/2 pint shallow dish. Sprinkle over the caster sugar. Spread the crumble on top. Bake in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes until bubbling and lightly golden on top.