Warm up tums with a bubbling bowl of soup served with a wedge of homemade bread for some serious dipping.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp ginger, grated
- 200 g peeled pumpkin, diced
- 150 g peeled sweet potato, diced
- 45o ml chicken stock
- 2 slices of white bread
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Add the onion and ginger and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the diced potato and squash and coat the mixture.
- Fry for 2 minutes, then add the stock. Bring up to the boil, then simmer for 15 minutes. Whiz using a hand blender until smooth.
- To make the croutons, stamp 4 stars out of the white bread using a star cutter. Lightly brush with a little oil on both sides.
- Put the croutons on a baking sheet, grill on one side then sprinkle with the cheese and grill on the other side until golden. Serve on top of the soup.