Pop Cake Chicks
Little chicks will flock to the kitchen with these super cute Easter pop cakes.
Please log in to view this recipe
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 600 g Madeira cake
- 180 g cream cheese
- 340 g yellow candy melts
- Black icing writing pen
- White fondant icing
- Candy melts for coating cake pops (200g)
- Make fine breadcrumbs out of the Madeira cake by rubbing the cake between your fingers into a mixing bowl.
- Add the cream cheese and mix until you make a firm dough. Shape into 12 balls.
- Put onto a baking sheet. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Melt the yellow candy melts in a bowl over a pan of simmering water until runny.
- Using a fork, dip the balls into the yellow chocolate, then place on a baking sheet.
- Insert the orange Tic Tacs to make the beaks, then chill until set in the fridge.
- When set, draw on eyes using the black writing icing.
- Arrange the chicks in an egg carton, then make egg shells by rolling out the white. fondant icing and cutting out mini triangles to look like the jagged edges of broken shells.
- Dab a little water on one side of the icing with a wrap these around the chicks.