Oink oink! Have some fun in the kitchen decorating these delicious cupcakes as little piggies.
Please log in to view this recipe
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 125 g butter or margarine
- 150 g caster sugar
- 10 tsps lemon zest
- 2 Eggs
- 150 g plain flour
- 100 g Butter, softened
- 225 g Icing sugar, sieved
- 1 exclude water
- 1 exclude Pink food colouring
- 1 Pink marshmallows
- 1 exclude Black and red writing icing
- 1 tsps baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 350 F / 160C Fan / Gas Mark 4.
- Put all the ingredients into a bowl or food processor and beat together until smooth.
- Line a bun tin with paper cases and half fill each case with the mixture.
- Bake in an oven for 18 to 20 minutes until well risen and the cakes spring back when you press them with your fingertips.
- To make the buttercream, sieve the icing sugar. Beat the butter until creamy in an electric mixer, and then gradually beat in the icing sugar. Finally beat in the tablespoon of water.
- Mix in a few drops of the food colouring with the buttercream and spread the pink icing on top of the cakes.
- Stick on a nose made form a large marshmallow and ears made from slices of marshmallow.
- Draw eyes and a smile suing the red writing icing and make the snout using black writing icing.