This delicious sauce is fairly thick & enriched with veggies. It can be mixed with pasta, fish or chicken.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1x400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 150 g carrots, peeled and sliced
- 250 g sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 55 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp single cream or milk
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the onion in a saucepan for about 4 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 1 more minute.
- Put in the sweet potato and carrots, then pour in the tomatoes and boiling vegetable stock or water.
- Bring to the boil, stirring, then cover the pan and simmer for about 30 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Allow to cool slightly, add the milk or cream, then blend the sauce to a puree and stir in the cheese until melted.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet. Drain the pasta and mix with the sauce.