Pancakes with Strawberries & Toffee Sauce
Treat yourself with these heavenly pancakes, drizzled with sticky toffee sauce & fresh strawberries.
- 15 g caster sugar
- 150 g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml milk
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 125 g light cream cheese
- 200 g strawberries, sliced
- 50 g butter
- 50 g light brown sugar
- 150 ml double cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Measure the caster sugar and flour into a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Crack in the eggs, then slowly add the milk and beat until smooth. Heat the oil in a small omelette pan. Pour in a little of the mixture and tilt to coat the pan.
- Cook the pancake for two to three minutes, then carefully turn over and cook on the other side. Slide onto a plate while you make the rest.
- Place on pancake on a board, spread a tablespoon of cream cheese in the centre and arrange a few slices of strawberries on top. Fold two sides into the centre, then fold in half lengthways so you have a rough square shape. Repeat with the remaining pancakes.
- To make the toffee sauce, melt the butter in a small pan. Add the sugar and cream and slowly bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and add the vanilla. Pour a little of the sauce over the pancakes.