Pack in a protein punch with these oriental chicken balls & dunk them in sweet chilli sauce for a spicy hit.
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
- 500 g minced chicken or 500 g chicken thighs chopped finely in the processor
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded & diced
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions , finely chopped
- zest of half a lime
- 100 g white breadcrumbs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp Chinese Five Spice
- a little plain flour
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- Measure the spring onion, chilli, ginger, onion and lime zest into a processor. Whiz until finely chopped. Add the chicken, breadcrumbs, egg yolk, sweet chilli sauce and five spice. Season and whiz until combined.
- Roll into small balls. Coat in the flour. Heat a frying pan until hot. Add oil, then fry the balls in two batches until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with chilli sauce and cocktail sticks.