Round up your witches & wizards to make these ghoulishly-green monster muffins. Perfect for Halloween.
Please log in to view this recipe
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 225 g plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 125 g butter, softened
- 125 g caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 200 ml milk
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 100 g raisins
- 125 g pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and grated
- 1 tub vanilla icing
- a few drops of green food colouring
- white fondant icing
- black fondant icing (or white coloured with black food colouring)
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Put all of the ingredients into a free-standing electric mixer and whisk until blended. Spoon into paper cases. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until well risen and lightly golden on top. Place the muffins on a wire rack to cool.
- Colour about half of the icing green, using the food colouring. When the muffins are completely cool, swirl the green icing on top of the muffins using a piping bag with a plain nozzle.
- Make 24 small balls of white fondant icing and flatten them to make the white of the eyes. Make smaller balls of black fondant icing and flattne them to make the pupils. Roll out some of the black icing and use this to make eyebrows and moustaches