A juicy & succulent minute steak makes a quick dinner, served with a helping of sweet potato wedges.
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 tbsp olive or Sunflower oil, plus extra for frying
- 1 x 200 g Sirloin steak
- 25 g shallot, chopped
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 200 ml beef stock
- a dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp/ 1 tbsp mascarpone or double cream (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC/Gas 6.
- Cut the potato into 8-10 wedges. Toss with oil & season.
- Line a baking sheet with baking parchment. Put the wedges on the sheet & bake for 10 minutes. Turn over & bake for a further 8-10 minutes until soft & golden brown.
- Trim the fat from the steak, cover it with cling film & beat with a mallet or rolling pin until ½ cm thick then cut in half.
- Heat a little oil in a heavy frying pan until sizzling hot, season the steaks & fry for 1½ minutes each side for medium (still pink inside), 3 minutes each side for well done.
- Transfer to a plate to rest for a few minutes. Slice into strips & serve with the wedges.