Minty Lamb Koftas
Lamb koftas dipped in a cucumber & mint yoghurt is a heavenly-creamy combo. Serve in a pitta bread with some salad.
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 225 g minced lamb
- 20 g fresh bereadcrumbs (1 slice of bread, crust removed)
- 2 tsp chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tsp clear honey
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 pitta bread pockets
- sliced tomato
- sliced cucumber
- a pot of greek yoghurt
- Sauté the onion in the oil for 5-6 mintues, until soft.
- Add the garlic and cumin, and cook for an extra minute, then transfer to a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients, season to taste with salt and pepper and mix throughly. For a finer texture pulse everything in a food processor.
- Divide the mixture into eight and form into balls and if possible chill for 1-2 hours.
- Pre-heat the grill to high. Grill the koftas for 8-10 minutes, turning halfway through, until cooked through.
- Cool slightly before serving.