They might be mini but they’re mighty in taste. Serve these meatballs with a hidden veggie sauce or steamed veggies.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 200 g lean minced beef
- 45 g fresh white breadcrumbs (2 medium slices of bread)
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 15 g parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 1/2 small eating apple
- 1/4 unsalted stock cube, crumbles
- 1 egg, beaten
- vegetable oil for frying
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the onion for 3 minutes, stirring until softened. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Set aside to cool.
- Mix together the beef, breadcrumbs, parsley, Paremsan, tomato purée, apple and stock cube. Stir in the sautéed onion and garlic, and add the beaten egg to bind.
- Form the mixture into 25 mini meatballs. Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan and sauté, until browned and cooked inside. Drain on kitchen paper.