Let kids have fun creating silly faces out of veggies, before tucking in to this deliciously creamy chicken pie.
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 100 g leeks, washed and sliced
- 375 g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 30 g butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp milk
- Salt and ground pepper
- 200 g minced chicken or turkey
- 1/2 stick of celery chopped
- 1 small carrot, (50g), chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 75 ml chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp fresh or fried thyme
- Extra knob of butter
To decorate (optional)
- 1 leek washed and sliced
- 2 baby sweetcorn, halved
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 carrot
- 6 frozen peas
- Basil leaves
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the onion and leek for 5 minutes to soften.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in a pan of lightly salted water until tender and then mash together with the milk and butter. Season to taste.
- Add the minced chicken, celery and grated carrot and cook for about 7 minutes.
- Transfer to a food processor and chop for a few seconds to give the mixture a smooth texture, if desired.
- Return to the pan and add the ketchup, boiling stock and herbs. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Pre-heat the grill. Divide the chicken between three 10cm /4 “ ramekin dishes and top with the mashed potato.
- Dot the top with a little butter and place under the grill until golden.
- Decorate each with vegetables to create a funny face of your design.