Get kids eating chicken by adding apple to these moreish balls, which can be eaten hot or cold.
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Sunflower oil, plus extra for frying
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled & crushed
- 225 g chicken thigh mince
- 40 g breadcrumbs
- 25 g Parmesan, finely grated
- 1 small apple, grated
- 0.5 an egg yolk
- 2 tsps fresh sage, chopped
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, sauté the onion for 5 minutes until soft. Add the garlic & sauté for 1 minute. Leave to cool.
- Mix the chicken, breadcrumbs, sautéed onion, Parmesan, grated apple, egg yolk & sage. Lightly dust in flour.
- Roll the chicken into balls
- Heat a thin layer of oil in a frying pan. Cook the chicken balls for about 5 minutes or until golden & cooked through.