Mexican Chicken Stuffed Baked Potato
Shake-up your jacket potato offering with this incredible filling, guaranteed to be the ultimate comfort food on a cold night.
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
- 2 potatoes
- 1 chicken breast, diced
- generous pinch of mild chilli powder
- ¼ tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large tomato, diced
- ½ small red onion, diced
- 1½ tbsp sour cream
- Tortilla chips
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F. Prick the ordinary-size potatoes (not baking potatoes) with a fork. Brush with oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake in an oven for 45 to 55 minutes or until crisp on the outside and tender inside.
- Meanwhile, mix the chicken with the chilli powder, oregano, ½ tbsp of the oil and some salt and pepper.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan and sauté the onion for 1 minute until it begins to soften. Add the chicken and sauté for about 4 minutes until cooked through. Stir in the diced tomato.
- Cut a cross in the top of eack potato, spoon over the topping, add a blob of sour cream and decorate each opne with a tortilla chip.