Fresh Cherry Frozen Yoghurt
Making frozen yoghurt is actually easier than you might think, you don’t even need an ice cream maker.
Please log in to view this recipe
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 500 g ripe fresh sweet cherries
- 75 g caster sugar
- 100 ml double cream
- 200 ml natural yoghurt (not low fat)
- Using a cherry stoner or a small sharp knife, remove the stones, then place the cherries in a blender and whiz until smooth.
- Over a large bowl, push the puree through a sieve using the underside of a ladle or wooden spoon. Mix the sugar, yoghurt and double cream into the cherry juice.
- Pour the mixture into an ice-cream making machine and churn until frozen and thick.
- If you don’t have an ice cream making machine, freeze the frozen yoghurt in a plastic container, remove from the freezer after about an hour and a half and whiz in a food processor until smooth.
- Remove and repeat one more time, then freeze until completely frozen. Remove from the fridge and allow to soften down a little before serving.