Fresh Cherry Frozen Yoghurt
Making frozen yoghurt is actually easier than you might think, you don’t even need an ice cream maker.
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
- 500 g ripe fresh sweet cherries
- 75 g caster sugar
- 100 ml double cream
- 200 ml natural yoghurt (not low fat)
- Using a cherry stoner or a small sharp knife, remove the stones, then place the cherries in a blender and whiz until smooth.
- Over a large bowl, push the puree through a sieve using the underside of a ladle or wooden spoon. Mix the sugar, yoghurt and double cream into the cherry juice.
- Pour the mixture into an ice-cream making machine and churn until frozen and thick.
- If you don’t have an ice cream making machine, freeze the frozen yoghurt in a plastic container, remove from the freezer after about an hour and a half and whiz in a food processor until smooth.
- Remove and repeat one more time, then freeze until completely frozen. Remove from the fridge and allow to soften down a little before serving.