Soak your French toast in a gooey mix of cinnamon & egg before making it into a heavenly breakfast with a side of mixed berries.
Please log in to view this recipe
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp icing sugar, plus extra to serve
- a good pinch of ground cinnamon
- 2 slices of bread, crusts removed
- a knob of unsalted butter
- raspberries and blueberries to serve
- Mix together the egg, milk, icing sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl. Cut each slice of bread into triangles or, if you wish, use cookie cutters to make fun shapes. Dip the bread into the egg mixture, coating both sides.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan, and then fry the bread for about 5 minutes, turning halfway through, until golden brown and slightly fluffy.
- Serve with the berries and a dusting of icing sugar and cinnamon.