Gross out your party-goers with these edible eyeballs, perfect for Halloween celebrations.
Please log in to view this recipe
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 125 g soft margarine
- 125 g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 125 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tub creamy vanilla frosting (available in large supermarkets)
- green food colouring
- assorted sweets
- Cream the margarine and sugar together until light and fluffy, then beat in the eggs one at time together with a tablespoon of flour.
- Add the vanilla essence and fold in the remaining flour.
- Line a bun tin with paper cases and half fill each case with the mixture.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 180C/350F for 12 minutes.
- You can tell they are done when they have risen up, are golden in colour and spring back into shape when pressed with your finger. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
- These will only need about 12 minutes in the oven. Colour half of the frosting green by mixing in some green food colouring. Spread the green frosting over the top of the cakes and have fun with your children decorating them with sweets.