Dracula Buttermilk Pancakes
Start Halloween as you mean to go on and get your spook on first thing with this spellbinding breakfast.
- 175g self raising flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- 20g caster sugar
- 150g buttermilk
- 150ml milk
- 1 egg beaten
- 40g butter, melted
- Assorted nuts & seeds such as a pumpkin and sunflower seeds, almonds and cashews
- Measure the flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt and sugar into a bowl. Mix the egg, buttermilk, milk and butter together in another bowl. Gently whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until smooth and without any lumps.
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan. Spoon two large spoonfuls of mixture in the centre of the pan to make a large pancake measuring 14cm wide.
- Fry over a medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes, then flip over to cook for another 2 minutes until lightly golden and cooked through.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Decorate your Dracula pancakes using bananas, berries, dates, nuts and seeds.