Pack in their 5-a-day with this chicken & veggie soup, guaranteed to warm up tums on chilly days.
- 30 g butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 100 g carrot, diced
- 1 stick celery, diced
- 30 g flour
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 3 tbsp double cream
- 50 g small pasta shells
- 75 g cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- salt & pepper to season
- Heat the butter in a saucepan, and fry the onion for 2 minutes. Add the carrots and celery and fry for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour, blend in the stock, then bring the soup to the boil. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Add the diced chicken, double cream, pasta and chives. Simmer for 3 minutes. Season to taste.