This classic, healthy and well-loved Middle-Eastern dish is perfect to serve on some flatbread topped with hummus
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 150g bulgur wheat
- 300ml cold water
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of sugar
- 1/2 small cucumber
- 1 bunch of Spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 small bunch mint , chopped
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- Salt and pepper
Put the bulgur wheat into a saucepan and pour over the cold water. Bring to the boil. Cover with a lid and boil for one minute. Turn off the heat and leave to stand still covered with a lid for 15 minutes until all of the liquid has been absorbed.
Tip into a bowl. Add the vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil and sugar. Season then leave to cool.
Add the remaining ingredients mix well and serve with hummus and flatbreads if liked .