Chocolate Beetroot Brownies
This recipe is a great way to hide veggies! Yes it might sound strange, but this random combination of flavours complement each other perfectly.
- 300 g cooked beetroot, peeled & grated
- 200 g plain chocolate
- 100 g butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 225 g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 100 g self-raising flour
- 20 g cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (160 C Fan)/350 F/Gas Mark 4
- Line a 20 cm/ 8 in square tin with grease proof or baking paper.
- Measure the chocolate and butter in a mixing bowl. Put over a pan of simmering water and stir until melted and runny.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, sugar and whiz until well mixed, then add the flour, cocoa powder and beetroot.
- Whisk again, then spoon into the tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes until set and just firm in the middle.
- Leave until cool, then slice into 25 squares.