Chinese Style Pork in Lettuce Boats
A light & refreshing dish for summer. Rather than wraps or noodles try serving delicious minced pork & crunchy veggies on lettuce boats.
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 small red pepper, deseeded & diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 150 g shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 300 g minced pork or chicken
- 225 g water chestnuts, drained & finely chopped
- 60 g baby sweetcorn, cut into quarters
- 75 g beansprouts
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 12 little gem lettuce leaves
- Heat the sesame oil in a wok or large frying pan, add the red pepper and onion, and stir fry for two minutes. Add the mushrooms and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Meanwhile, fry the minced pork in a dry frying pan until browned, stirring with a fork to break it up.
- Add the pork to the wok, stir in the water chestnuts, sweetcorn and beansprouts and stir fry for two to three minutes. Stir in the oyster sauce , soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce and rice wine vinegar.
- Spoon into the lettuce leaves and serve.