This puree is an all-time classic. Rich in protein & nutrient-dense fruits & veggies, it’s a highchair hit for babies.
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, peeled & chopped
- 350 g carrots, peeled & sliced
- 250 ml unsalted chicken stock or use water with a bay leaf
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 small apple, cored, peeled & chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and sauté the onion until softened.
- Add the sliced carrots, pour over the chicken stock or water and bay leaf and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, then cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Cut the chicken into pieces and add to the carrots together with the chopped apple, and continue to cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf if necessary.
- Puree in a blender to a puree or your desired consistency and then spoon some of the puree into your baby’s bowl and serve lukewarm.
- Freeze the remainder in individual portions.