End your week with a Fajita Friday for the family. Kids will love filling their own wraps before tucking in.
For the Fajitas:
- 2 tsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp water
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- pinch of dried oregano
- 2 drops Tabasco (optional)
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 1 chicken breast fillet (approx 125g) sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 small red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 small yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 flour tortillas
- 2 tbsp mild salsa (use recipe below or a shop bought salsa)
- 4 tsp soured cream
- 1 tbsp guacamole (optional)
To make the Mild Salsa:
- 1 large tomato (100g), thinly sliced
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp chopped coriander (or to taste)
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Mix the ketchup, balsamic vinegar, water, sugar, oregano and Tabasco (if using) together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan or wok and stir-fry the chicken for 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and stir-fry for a further 3 to 4 minutes, until the chicken has cooked through and the vegetables have softened slightly.
- Add the ketchup mixture and cook, stirring for a further one minute. Then remove from the heat.
- To make the salsa, mix all of the ingredients together in a small bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and chill until needed – it will keep for up to 2 days in the fridge.
- Warm the tortillas for 10 to 15 seconds in a microwave, or for 20 seconds each in a dry frying pan. Spoon the fajita filling down the centre of the wrap and spoon over the salsa plus the soured cream and guacamole (if using).
- Roll up and serve immediately.
- Any leftover filling will keep, covered in the fridge, for up to 2 days. Reheat for around one minute in a microwave, until piping hot.