Chicken Balls with Pesto in a Tomato Sauce
These mini chicken balls are perfect for tiny hands. They’re tasty & packed with protein for growing babies & toddlers.
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 350 g chicken thighs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 celery stick, roughly chopped
- 100 g white breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp pesto sauce
- 50 g parmesan, grated
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 x 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp basil, chopped
To make the meatballs . Chop the thighs, then put in a food processor. Whiz until finely chopped. Add the remaining ingredients and whiz until combined. Season for babies over one year. Shape into 30 balls.
Heat a little oil in a frying pan. Fry until golden brown and cooked through (about 8 minutes).
To make the sauce. Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and fry for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes , sundried tomato paste and ketchup. Bring up to the boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the basil, then whiz using a hand blender until smooth. Season for babies over one year.
You can serve the meatballs on their own as Finger Food and the sauce separately or mix with the sauce.
Remove wooden sticks before serving to children