Cheesy Pasta Stars
Tiny pasta shapes are a great way of introducing texture to your baby’s diet.
- 125 g carrots
- 30 g butter
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes (approx 300g), skinned, de-seeded & chopped
- 50 g grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp Annabel Karmel pasta stars, cooked until soft (available at Boots)
- Steam the carrots for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender.
- Warm the butter in a separate pan, add the chopped tomatoes and sauté until mushy.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese until melted.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta stars in boiling water according to the instructions on the packet, then drain.
- Mash or puree the cooked carrots in an electric hand blender, together with 3 tablespoons of the liquid from the bottom of the steamer and blend together the tomato and cheese mixture.
- Finally stir in the cooked pasta stars.