Making cupcakes that look like brains is fun for Halloween parties for your spooky guests.
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
- 125 g soft margerine
- 125 g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 125 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tub creamy vanilla frosting (available in large supermarkets)
- green, red & black food colourings
To make the Cupcakes:
- Cream the margarine and sugar together until light and fluffy, then beat in the eggs one at time together with a tablespoon of flour.
- Add the vanilla essence and fold in the remaining flour.
- Line a bun tin with paper cases and half fill each case with the mixture.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 180C/350F for 12 minutes.
- You can tell they are done when they have risen up, are golden in colour and spring back into shape when pressed with your finger. Remove and cool on a wire rack
To make the Frosting
- Add a little red and black food colouring to the vanilla frosting to make the brain pinkish grey.
- Pipe the frosting on top of the cupcakes and using red food colouring and a toothpick, draw red veins on the icing.