Making cupcakes that look like brains is fun for Halloween parties for your spooky guests.
Please log in to view this recipe
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 125 g soft margerine
- 125 g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 125 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tub creamy vanilla frosting (available in large supermarkets)
- green, red & black food colourings
To make the Cupcakes:
- Cream the margarine and sugar together until light and fluffy, then beat in the eggs one at time together with a tablespoon of flour.
- Add the vanilla essence and fold in the remaining flour.
- Line a bun tin with paper cases and half fill each case with the mixture.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 180C/350F for 12 minutes.
- You can tell they are done when they have risen up, are golden in colour and spring back into shape when pressed with your finger. Remove and cool on a wire rack
To make the Frosting
- Add a little red and black food colouring to the vanilla frosting to make the brain pinkish grey.
- Pipe the frosting on top of the cupcakes and using red food colouring and a toothpick, draw red veins on the icing.