Beef Bolognese with Courgetti & Sweet Potato Spaghetti
Transform bland veggies into fun shapes with a spiralizer. This vegetable spaghetti courgetti (spiralized courgettes) is a great recipe for guilt-free Bolognese.
Please log in to view this recipe
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 600 g sweet potatoes
- 4 courgettes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 100 g carrot, peeled & diced finely
- 500 g lean minced beef
- 2 large cloves of garlic, crushed
- 800 g chopped tomatoes
- a dash of sugar
- 2 tbsp basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp sweet balsamic
- a sprinkle of hard Italian cheese
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 100 g courgettes, diced finely
- To make the Bolognese, heat the oil a saucepan. Add the onion, courgettes and carrots and fry for 3 – 4 minutes. Add the beef and brown over the heat.
- Add the garlic and fry for 30 seconds before adding the tomatoes puree, sugar and seasoning.
- Bring up to the boil, cover and simmer for 45 minutes until tender. Add the vinegar and basil.
- Put the sweet potato and courgette through the spiraliser to make spaghetti. Heat the oil in a deep frying pan. Add the sweet potatoes and fry for 3 minutes. Season then cover with a lid for another 3 minutes until just cooked. Add the courgettes and fry together for 2 – 3 minutes until the vegetables are just cooked but still a little firm.
- Spoon into bowls and top with the sauce. Serve with Italian hard-style cheese.