The ideal companion to a warm glass of chocolate milk. Great for any most occasions and spot on for perfect scary Halloween eve.
Please log in to view this recipe
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 100g softened butter
- 75g golden caster sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 150g plain flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- Black, chocolate and caramel icing pens
- White ready to roll icing
- Preheat the oven to 160C Fan. Line 2 baking sheets with non-stick paper.
- Measure the butter and sugar into a processor. Whiz until softened. Add the vanilla and egg yolk and whiz. Add flour and cocoa powder and whiz until a dough is formed.
- Lightly knead on a work surface. Roll out then stamp out 20 Bat cookies. Place on the baking sheets. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until firm and slightly puffy to look at. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Decorate the wings with squiggles of chocolate and caramel icing. Add small balls of white icing and a dot of black writing pen for the eyes.