Baked Potato Snowman
Go big on the festivities by giving your baked potatoes a Christmas makeover. Kids will love these edible snowmen.
Please log in to view this recipe
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 250 g potato (oval)
- 90 g potato (round)
- 180 g butternut squash, peeled
- 1 to 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 baby carrots
- frozen peas
- slice of red pepper
- a little cream cheese
- Prick the potatoes with a fork. Cook the potatoes in the microwave for 10 to 12 minutes on full power or in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour 200C/400 F (Gas 6) until cooked through in the middle
- Cut a thin slice off the bases of the potatoes. Scoop out some of the cooked potato, making sure you leave a 1.5cm border.
- Slice the butternut squash into small cubes. Cook in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes until soft. Mix half of the squash with the scooped out potato flesh and mash together. Season to taste and add the parmesan cheese.
- Stuff both of the potatoes with the squash mixture.
- Put the large potato onto a plate and put the small potato on top to make the snowman’s head. Attach a small baby carrot for the nose and for the hat, attach peas for the eyes and for the buttons (you could use a dab of cream cheese as glue) and cut a smiley shaped mouth from a strip of red pepper.