Chicken, Sweetcorn & Tarragon Pie
Try cubes of potatoes rather than mash for this topping & wait until it’s golden, crispy & bubbling before pulling it out of the oven.
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
- 30 g butter
- 250 g leek, sliced
- 40 g flour
- 450 ml chicken stock
- 50 ml double cream
- 1 tbsp tarragon, chopped
- 3 tbsp sweetcorn
- 225 g carrots, peeled & sliced
- 2 large chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 2 large potatoes, peeled & sliced into cubes
- 50 g Parmesan, grated
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pre heat the oven to 200 C fan / 400F
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the leeks and stir over the heat until the leeks are soft. Add the flour , then blend in the stock and cream and stir until thickened. Add the tarragon and sweetcorn and season well
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil a frying pan until hot. Add the chicken and quickly brown until the chicken is nearly cooked, set aside.
- Cook the carrots in a pan of boiling water for 10 minutes, drain then add to the sauce with the chicken. Spoon into a small ovenproof dish.
- Boil the potatoes in boiling salted water for 5 minutes. Drain and toss in the oil. Arrange on top if the mixture and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden on top and cooked through.