White Chocolate Cookies
Cranberry & white chocolate is a popular winter cookie combo. It’s best to take these out of the oven when they’re quite soft as they’ll crisp on the outside once cool.
- 150 g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 25 g ground almonds
- 150 g soft brown sugar
- 50 g porridge oats
- 50 g dried cranberries
- 40 g white chocolate chips
- 150 g butter
- 1 large egg yolk or 2 small egg yolks
- Pre-heat the oven to 190C/375F.
- Sieve together the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir in the ground almonds, brown sugar and porridge oats.
- Melt the butter in a small pan and stir this into the dry ingredients together with the egg yolk.
- Stir in the chopped white chocolate or white chocolate chips
- Mix well, then using your hands form into small walnut sized balls and arrange on two large non stick baking sheets. Gently press them down to flatten slightly in the centre, leaving space between them for the biscuits to spread.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes.