White Chocolate Cookies
These delicious white chocolate cookies are a very quick and easy Christmas recipe to make. Take them out of the oven when they're quite soft so, when they cool down, they are crisp on the outside but moist inside.
- 15 minutes
- 12 minutes
- Best for
- 150g plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 25g ground almonds
- 150g soft brown sugar
- 50g porridge oats
- 50g dried cranberries
- 40g white chocolate chips
- 150g butter
- 1 large egg yolk or 2 small egg yolks
- Pre-heat the oven to 190C/375F.
- Sieve together the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir in the ground almonds, brown sugar and porridge oats.
- Melt the butter in a small pan and stir this into the dry ingredients together with the egg yolk.
- Stir in the chopped white chocolate or white chocolate chips
- Mix well, then using your hands form into small walnut sized balls and arrange on two large non stick baking sheets. Gently press them down to flatten slightly in the centre, leaving space between them for the biscuits to spread.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes.