Veal Escalopes with Tomato Sauce
This veal recipe is delicious served with spaghetti!
- 4 thin veal escalopes about 80 to 100g each
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 150g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 30g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp sundried tomato purée
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp dried thyme or 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 3 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 250g spaghetti
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a saucepan.
- Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the canned tomatoes, purees, sugar and thyme.
- Bring up to the boil, cover with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes. Whizz the sauce to a puree using a hand blender.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain and add to the sauce with the basil.
- If necessary cover the veal with clingfilm and bash it to a thickness of about 4mm. Season the veal and dip into the beaten egg.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, parmesan and parsley together.
- Coat the veal in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large non stick frying pan. Fry the veal for 1 ½ to 2 minutes on both sides until golden and just cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and rest for 2 minutes.
- Spoon some spaghetti onto a plate and serve with the veal cut into strips on top.