Pasta Salad with Annabel’s Dressing
Children love this salad with moist chunks of turkey and pasta shapes in a delicious dressing. You can prepare this the night before, toss with the dressing in the morning, and put it in a small plastic container, with a lid, in your child’s lunchbox. It is also a great way to use up all that leftover turkey after Christmas.
- 4 minutes
- 10 minutes
- Best for
- 4 portions
- 150g pasta shape
- 100g cooked turkey or chicken, chopped
- 1 carrot
- 100g canned sweetcorn
- 6 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 75g fine French beans
- 1/2 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped celery
- 1/4 tbsp finely chopped root ginger
- 1tbsp water
- 1 1/2 tsp tomato puree
- 1 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- To make the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a food processor and blend them until they are smooth.
- Bring a sauncepan of lightly salted water to the boil and cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables. Peel and cut the carrot into think strips; top and tail the French beans, and chop the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Dice the turkey or chicken.
- Put the carrot and French beans in a steamer for about 5 minutes or until tender but still crisp. Drain the pasta and mix it together with the carrot, French beans, tomotoes, sweetcorn and diced meat. Toss with 100ml of the salad dressing.