Tortilla Pizza Margherita
I love the thin crust pizzas and wheat tortilla wraps made an ideal “instant” base, turning deliciously crisp in the oven. It is also ideal for smaller children who find the slimmer base easier to eat. Sometimes the air bubbles in the wrap puff up a bit as the pizza bakes, but they deflate as soon as they come out the oven, so don’t panic! You can use shop bought tomato sauce or make my quick and easy version.
- 5 minutes
- 9 minutes
- Best for
- 1 pizza
- 1 wheat tortilla wrap
- 2½ tbsp tomato sauce
- 30g (1oz) Cheddar or mozzarella, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200c/400F/Gas 6/Fan 180.
- Put the tortilla wrap on a baking sheet and spread over the tomato sauce. Sprinkle over the cheese.
- You can also add any toppings that your child may like (see suggestions below).
Bake for 8-9 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the base is crisp. Cut into triangles and allow to cool slightly before serving.
- 1 rasher of bacon cooked until crisp and crumbled over the pizza
- 1 small slice ham cut into thin strips or 1 slice of salami
- 2-3 black stoned olives, cut into rings
- 1 cherry tomato, cut into rings
- 2 cubes drained canned pineapple, cut into dice
- 1 tbsp diced red pepper
- 1 tbsp drained canned sweetcorn
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 2 mushrooms, sliced and sauteed in a little oil
- 3-4 very thin slices courgette, brushed with a little oil before putting on pizza
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 2 sunblush tomatoes, cut into small pieces