Pasta with Tomato, Sweet Potato and Cheese
This delicious sauce is fairly thick and enriched with vegetables. It is very versatile. You can mix it with pasta, or blend it together with vegetables, fish or chicken.
- 5 minutes
- 35 minutes
- Best for
Suitable for freezing
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 600ml (1 pint) vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 150g (5 1/2oz) carrots, peeled and sliced
- 250g (9oz) sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 55g (2oz) Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp single cream or milk
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the onion in a saucepan for about 4 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 1 more minute.
- Put in the sweet potato and carrots, then pour in the tomatoes and boiling vegetable stock or water.
- Bring to the boil, stirring, then cover the pan and simmer for about 30 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Allow to cool slightly, add the milk or cream, then blend the sauce to a puree and stir in the cheese until melted.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet. Drain the pasta and mix with the sauce.