Tomato Sauce with Butternut Squash & Red Lentils
Lentils are a good source of protein and iron and this makes a delicious sauce which you can mix with my Make It Easy organic pasta shells.
Not suitable for freezing.
- 5 minutes
- 36 minutes
- Best for
- 1 tbps sunflower oil
- 50g chopped onion
- 50 g chopped carrot
- 15g celery, chopped
- 30g split red lentils
- 110g butternut squash
- 200 ml passata
- 200ml water
- 40g mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- 60g baby pasta shells
- Heat the oil and sauté the onion and celery for 5 minutes.
- Rinse the lentils and add to the pan.
- Add the butternut squash and sauté for 1 minute.
- Pour in the passata and water. Cover and cook over a low heat for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese until melted.
- Puree in a blender and stir in the drained pasta.