Tasty Fish & Sweet Potato Puree
This recipe will lay a foundation for a fish-loving future. It’s simple, tasty & full of flavour.
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
- 275 g sweet potato, peeled & chopped
- 150 g plaice fillets, skinned
- 2 tbsp milk
- generous knob of butter
- 2 ripe tomatoes, skinned, deseeded & chopped
- 40 g Cheddar cheese, grated
- Steam the sweet potato for about 10 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile score a cross in the base of the tomatoes and plunge into boiling water for about 30 seconds. Transfer to ice cold water and the skins should peel off easily with your fingers or a sharp knife.
- De-seed and roughly chop the tomatoes. Melt the knob of butter in a saucepan and sauté the tomatoes for about 2 minutes until mushy. Remove from the heat and stir in the grated cheese until melted.
- Put the plaice fillets into a microwave dish, add the milk and dot with butter. Cover leaving the vent open and cook for one and a half minutes on full power.
- Drain the cooked fish and flake carefully to see there are no bones and add to the tomato and cheese sauce together with the cooking liquid from the fish. Add the cooked sweet potato and mash together.
- For very young babies you can puree this in a blender.