Tasty Chicken & Rice
You can make this with my tiny organic pasta shells or some left over cooked rice. For very young babies, you could leave out the pasta or rice and simply blend the sauce with the chicken and sweet pepper. Lentils are an excellent source of protein and iron, which is very important for brain development particularly between the age of 6 months and 2 years.
- 2 minutes
- 10 minutes
- Best for
- Half tsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp (12g) onion, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp (15g) red pepper, finely chopped
- 30g chicken breast, diced
- 1 sachet Annabel Karmel Organic Carrot and Lentil sauce
- 30g cooked basmati rice OR 2 tbsp pasta shells
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan.
- Add the onion and pepper.
- Saute for 5 minutes over a low heat, stirring until soft.
- Add the chicken and fry for 2 minutes until cooked.
- Add the sauce, bring up to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and add the rice.
- Mix together and serve.