Tagine Recipe with Pork & Beef Meatballs
It’s important to introduce new flavours to your child who will often have more sophisticated tastes than you might imagine. Try this mildly spiced Moroccan Tagine. This tagine recipe makes a tasty meal that the whole family can enjoy.
For the meatballs
- 125g pork
- 125g beef mince
- 30g fresh breadcrumbs
- 15g parmesan grated
- ½ tsp chopped coriander
- 1 egg yolk
For the tagine sauce
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 150g butternut squash, coarsely grated
- ½ tsp fresh ginger, grated
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 1 tsp sundried tomato paste
1 tsp honey
- 200g pasta or rice
- First make the tagine sauce. Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the onion and butternut squash. Sauté for 5 minutes, then add the ginger.
- Add the spices and fry for one minute. Add the remaining ingredients. Season and simmer for 10 minutes until the onion and squash are soft.
- Blend using a hand blender until smooth. Pour back into the saucepan.
- To make the meatballs, put all of the ingredients into a bowl. Season and mix together. Shape into 20 balls.
- Bring the sauce up to the boil, then drop the meatballs into the sauce in a single layer. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta or rice according the packet instructions and drain.
- Serve the meatballs with the pasta or rice.