Enjoy delicious flavours of the Far East with this noodle dish. Why not get your little ones using child-friendly chopsticks for added fun at dinner?
For the Dish:
- 150 g chicken breast fillet
- 2 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 garlic clove, peeled & chopped
- 1/4 tsp finely chopped red chilli
- 75 g baby sweetcorn
- 75 g carrots, cut into thin strips
- 75 g courgettes, cut into thin strips
- 75 g beansprouts
- 1/2 tbsp mild curry powder
- 4 tbsp strong chicken stock
- 90 g small peeled prawns
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 150 g Chinese noodles
For the Marinade
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sake
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- Mix together the marinade ingredients in a bowl, cut the chicken into thin strips, add to the bowl and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat half a tablespoon of oil in a frying pan, add the egg and fry to make a thin omelette. Remove from the pan and cut into ribbons. Heat a tablespoon of oil in the pan or a wok and sauté the garlic (and chilli, if using) for 30 seconds. Drain the chicken, add to the pan and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, then set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok. Add the baby sweetcorn and carrots and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the courgettes and beansprouts and cook for 2 minutes. Stir the curry powder into the stock and add to the wok. Return the chicken to the pan with prawns, spring onions and egg and fry for 2 minutes.
- Cook the noodles in boiling, lightly salted water according to the instructions on the packet. Drain, mix with the stir fry and heat through.