Salmon Teriyaki Kebabs
Honey and soy sauce make a type of marinade called Teriyaki that is delicious on beef, chicken or fish. I like Salmon Teriyaki and threading it onto skewers makes it easy to cook. Serve the skewers with fluffy white rice
- 5 minutes plus 10 minutes marinating
- 10 minutes
- Best for
- 4 skewers
- 4 tbsp clear honey
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp grated ginger
- 170g/6oz skinless salmon fillet, cut into cubes
1 tsp water
- 6 wooden skewers, soaked in warm water for 30 minutes.
- Mix the honey, soy sauce and vinegar together in a bowl.
- Pour half into a saucepan and set aside.
- Add the ginger and salmon to the mix still in the bowl and toss to coat the salmon.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Thread the salmon onto the skewers and put onto a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Spoon over half of the remaining sauce from the bowl and grill the skewers for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the skewers over and spoon over rest of sauce from the bowl. Grill for another 2-3 minutes, until cooked through and glazed.
- Add 1 tsp water to the sauce in the saucepan and put over a low heat.
- Bring up to a simmer and bubble for 30 seconds, until slightly thickened.
- Serve the skewers with the extra sauce spooned over.